Transferring to Melbourne IT is easy and let's you easily manage all your domain names in one place.
Why transfer to Melbourne IT?
- 24/7 phone & online customer support
- Free email, fax or mail domain renewal reminders
- DNS management giving you control of your domain
- No hidden management fees
- Instant domain processing for most domains
- Free starter website
Please refer to the following instructions to log into your Melbourne IT Console account.
- Contact the current registrar and obtain the domain password. This is sometimes referred to as an EPP code or auth code. You should also check that the contact details on the domain are up to date
- Log into the Melbourne IT Console, instruction article can be found here: Log Into The Console
- Once logged in, scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Transfer domains" and enter the domain name and domain password
Follow the prompts to the checkout stage. You may be required to add a year to the domain licence to transfer the domain
Once these steps are complete, an email will be sent to you requesting that you confirm your intent to transfer. You must respond to this email within three days confirming that you approve the transfer.
Once the validation email is accepted, the transfer will typically complete in around 5 days for gTLD (generic top-level domain) names. When transferring a .com.au domain , the process typically takes 48 hours to complete - other Country coded domains can sometimes take longer as they are governed by different registry policies and processes.