Our new Cloud Hosting platform requires our customers to use authentication when attempting to send mail through Melbourne IT's servers. Setting up authentication in your email client is simple. Please follow the guide pertaining to your email client.
- Open Outlook
- Click File
- Click on Account Settings...
- Double-click on your Email account with Melbourne IT
- Click More Settings...
- Select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication"
- Click OK.
You have now configured your Outlook to send emails with authentication.
You have now configured your MacMail to send emails with authentication.
- Open MacMail
- Mail > Preferences
- Accounts Tab
- Select your email Account
- Edit SMTP List
- Set method of Authentication as Password
- Enter your email address for your username and your password
- Hit OK and your done!
You have now configured your Thunderbird to send emails with authentication.
- Open Thunderbird
- Click Tools > Options
- Account Settings...
- Select Outgoing Server (SMTP) on the left hand side
- Edit your current outgoing SMTP server
- Enter your full email address as your username
- Change the Authentication method to password. Input your email password.
- Simply click OK and your done!