Note: This article covers Melbourne IT DPS customers only.
If your domain is not registered through us, you won't be able to perform the below actions within the Console. You will need to manage the delegation of your domain with the company that you have it registered with. To determine which registrar your domain is registered with and who you should contact for assistance, perform a Whois lookup against your domain name
. A Whois lookup will also allow you to see what name servers your domain is currently delegated to.Modify your domains name servers
To modify the name servers your domain is currently delegated to, follow the instructions below.
- Log into your Account
- Manage the domain you want to make changes to
- On the next page, click Domain Name
- Click Domain Delegation on the left menu
- Type in the name servers you want to point your domain name to in the host name text fields
- Click [Update Name Servers]
DNS changes take several hours to propagate. You will not notice the changes right away.
For more information, please contact your Account Manager.