Setting up your POP email in MacMail is easy. Please be aware that this guide is based off MacMail 8.1 however earlier versions of MacMail follow a very similar process.
For your reference we have included a table with the complete settings.
- Open your MacMail
- File > Add Account
- The Add Account wizard will open.
- Click Add Other Mail Account...
- Enter the Fields Full Name/Email/Password > Create > Next
- Select POP
- Enter these fields Username & Password, Mail Server. (Your username is your email address)
- Untick SSL change the port to 110 & Authentication type to Password , Next >
- Outgoing Server (SMTP Server) : mail.example.com
- Your mailbox should be added
|Email Address||Your full email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Password||Your mailbox password||**************|
|Username||Your full email email@example.com|
|Type||POP ( Post office Protocol)||POP|
Port = 110
Port = 587
Replace example.com with your domain name & harrison.smith with your email alias.