If you have previously taken a back-up of a mailbox and now wish to import that into Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013, you can use the below steps to complete this.
- Open Outlook
- Click Open & Export, and Import/Export. This will open the Import and Export Wizard.
- Select Import from another program or file, then click Next.
- Outlook now needs to know which file format our backup is in. Most back-ups are made in the Outlook Data File (.pst) format, but if you have a CSV file, choose the Comma Separated Values option.
- Click the Browse button and select the PST file you'd like to restore from. Choose how you'd like to handle duplicates (in most situations, the default option of Replace duplicates with items imported will be what you want), then click Next.
- Because we took a full backup of our entire mailbox, every part of our profile is available. For a full restore, simply select the Outlook Data File (If you only want to restore your calendar or a specific subfolder, select that entry). Make sure Include subfolders is selected, then click Finish.
Outlook will now import all of your data. This can take a very long time - the bigger your profile was at the time of backup, the longer it will take to import.