This article will outline how to import the contents of a back-up file you have taken of a mailbox, into Outlook 2007.
- Open Outlook
- Click File, then click Import and Export...
- Choose to Import from another program or file, then click Next
- Choose Personal Folder File (.pst) and then click Next. If your backup is in a different format, select that option and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Select the .pst file you wish to import. Choose how you'd like to handle duplicates (in most situations, the default option of Replace duplicates with items imported will be what you want), then click Next.
- Select which folder you'd like to restore. For a full restore, simply select the top-most entry, Personal Folders. (Sometimes, this might say the name of the email account if this is an Exchange mailbox) If you'd only like to restore a specific folder or section, expand the subfolders, and select the folders you're after. Make sure Include subfolders is ticked, select where you'd like to import the data to, and then click Finish.