|A registrant name change is the process of transferring the ownership of a domain name ending in .au from one party to another. A transfer of ownership involves complete re-registration of the domain for 2 years with the receiving entity, who will need to meet the eligibility requirements to hold the registration of the domain.|
The following requirements must be met to successfully complete the Registrant name change:
- The domain name is currently registered with Melbourne IT DPS
- The domain name is correctly spelt
- The current registrant contact details for the domain name are valid and accessible. A confirmation request will be sent to the registrant contact email address. Perform a whois search if this is not known.
- The credit card details are valid.
- The domain Authcode (EPP / Domain password).
How to change the ownership of a .AU domain name
To perform a change of ownership please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Domain Name
- Account Reference
- New ABN number
- New ABN business name
An email will be sent to the current registrant which will instruct them to confirm or decline the registrant name change. Once confirmed, the domain ownership will be updated and the payment will be deducted directly from your nominated billing method (allowing you to manage billing of your own customer).
Condition of transfer
The licence (ownership) of any .au domain may be offered for transfer (or “sale”) to another entity or party by any means and for any reason, on the condition that the gaining entity or party meets the eligibility criteria for the registration of a .au domain name.