What is Office 365?
Office 365 is Microsoft’s subscription model for Exchange Email and the Office software suite.What makes Office 365 Email superior to Microsoft Exchange (MEX) Email?
Office 365 Business operates very similarly to MEX, where it differs is:
What features does Office 365 include?
- Latest version of Microsoft’s Exchange platform.
- Huge 50GB Mailboxes instead of 10GB and 25GB.
- Microsoft Exchange Online Protection (EOP) integrated spam filter.
- Hosted on Microsoft’s Australian Cloud servers.
- Microsoft backed 99.9% Uptime guarantee.
- Office 365 Business Essentials and Business Premium both include online versions Microsoft Office Apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote), accessed in the Office 365 Portal.
- Office 365 Business Premium includes the downloadable versions of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and OneNote).
- Includes 1TB of OneDrive storage.
- Provides you access to the Yammer Social app.
Is Office 365 compatible with Apple devices?
Yes it is, Office 365 can be used with Outlook for Mac, OS X Mail and iOS Mail.What is the email send/receive size limit?
The default limit is 35MB when sending or receiving email in Outlook. If you use Outlook Web App (OWA) you’ll need to account for a 20% overhead reducing the number to 28MB. MEX is currently limited to 20MB. Can I mix and match POP email (Cloud, cPanel, etc.) and Office 365 Business mailboxes?
Unfortunately mixing and matching mailbox types is not possible. Can I manage other Office 365 Business users at my domain name?
At the request of the account holder, we can assign one user with Admin access. Can I recover deleted emails or even mailboxes?
Yes, there is a 14 day period where we can help you recover deleted emails and 30 days to restore a deleted email account. If you wish to recover the content contacting us as soon as possible is advisable, where possible do not wait to contact us on the last day of the recovery period. How long before I can use my new mailbox?
Typically it will take 2 business days for us to get your mailbox online and ready to go. We create the mailbox (es) and update your domain names DNS records for you. Setting up propagating DNS take the bulk of that time.How do I use Office 365 Business Apps (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)?
Once you have loaded an Office 365 Business App, they behave like previous versions of Microsoft office. If you would like to know how to use these programs Microsoft has provided several online resources and videos for you, these can be accessed at this address: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj871004.aspxCan I distribute my 5 devices on other email addresses?
Yes, these can be used on 5 different devices, though it is not recommended for sensitive accounts as the account holder’s emails can be accessed.Can you mix and match Business Essentials and Business Premium?
Yes, you can have two different types of Office 365 Business accounts.What are Office 365’s system requirements?
All system requirements are available on this Microsoft page:System requirements for Office using Office 365 for business